Monday, May 26, 2014

Friends and Faux No. 70

The talented folks over at Tanglecrafts have a great mail art project, called Friends and Faux, where artists attach their artistamps on a specially-designed postcard and the card circulates until it makes it back home to Tanglecrafts headquarters. After embarrassing myself slightly on the blog of the very talented Phillip (aka Finnbadger) where I pretty much begged him to send the card on to me next (how very un-Canadian of me), he was gracious enough to comply. I've sat on it for a month now, humming and hawing about what to do, what to do. Given that I have never actually made an artistamp, I had a bit of humble pie to eat before I got down to business. But, I've sorted it out, at least for now. It would help if I knew my way around a computer better and even had PhotoShop, but I made a stamp from one of my collages and a bit of hand-lettering.

I have plans for others. This one is heading out in the post tomorrow!

6 comments:

Karen Isaacson said...

well done! It was receiving one of these from a friend that prompted me to make my own stamps as well. I sat on mine for MONTHS I'm embarrassed to say, but now that I've jumped the hurdle of the first stamps I keep making more.

Adrienne Mason said...

Watch your mailbox, Karen! I have other ideas for artistamps as well. I need to play around with perforations. I had some of the Fiskars "stamp edge" scissors, but the "perforations" were too large and didn't work with the scale. Perhaps it's time to dust off the sewing machine!

Unknown said...

these stamps are glued or are digital?
I was interested in participating, this sheet as I can to put the seals?

Adrienne Mason said...

Hello, Anna. This postcard has already been sent on, but I will let you know if I receive another. All of the stamps were glued/stuck on.

FinnBadger said...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this by now. Great to see your contribution to the project. I know what you mean about having a hard time deciding what to create once the card arrives - up until that point it all seems so exciting and the possibilities are endless... until you have to create something to glue on it and send it out into the world.

Adrienne Mason said...

Hi FinnBadger, It was a great exercise. I still have the sheet I created - I guess I should starting sending them out. I was hoping to get it together to participate in the artistamp swap on MMSA, but didn't. It's on the winter list of things to try! I'll look for some of those adhesive sheets.