Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Goody Goody GIft Swap

So once I got my enthusiasm ramped up for saving (more) bits of paper and ephemera (essentially anything that can be glued down), I had to figure out ways to share my experiments. I quickly found Swap-Bot, which is still a bit of an experiment. We'll see how that goes and I'll report back. I've sent a few things out into the ether and am crossing my fingers I don't get anything too cutesy in return. (And if I do, that's okay too. I'll just cut it up.) I can't even recall how I got linked up with the Goody Goody Gift Swap, but I just finished my gift for my partner, a young mom in the US, who is training to be a herbalist and acupuncturist. I used a variety of patterned papers, pages from a small book in Chinese text (which I have no idea what it says), some royalty free images printed on velum, and images from a dictionary of gardening. Here's the result. It will be in the mail tomorrow.




No comments: