Monday, January 14, 2008

Art of the Bookmark

I have many, many books I'm ready to blog on, but, I'm a tad busy with work, and school, and sorting out life after the holidays. So, for now, check out this on-line art exhibit, Art of the Bookmark. I was especially delighted to see the first bookmark that came up under the category of Bookstores, was from Munro Books in Victoria, BC, one of the country's best independent bookstores. (Fabulous attention to their bookmarks -- yet another reason to support an independent bookstore near you!) I think I may just have some of the older bookmarks from Munro's kicking around. It was fun to learn that Martin Springett illustrated this bookmark in the 1970s. (Remember Martin's poster here?) Thanks to the Dewey Divas and the Dudes for the bookmark link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew the minute I read Munro Books which bookmark you were talking about. I have one at home, circa late 60s from when I was attending UVIC. Thanks also for reminding me about the Dewey Divas site; I haven't visited it in a while.