Friday, March 02, 2007

Course: Writing Non-fiction for Children's Magazines
In my role as an editor, and from speaking with other editors of children's magazines, I know that many children's magazines are eager for well-written non-fiction for children. It seems that when most people think of writing for children, they only consider fiction. There is a world out there waiting to be written about! Non-fiction can be so many things: personal experience, history, sports, science, nature, ... it's really endless. I'll be teaching a course with SFU's Summer Publishing Program entitled Writing Non-fiction for Children's Magazines. (I can't attach the direct link for some reason, but go to the SFU site and look at the courses down the right hand side of the home page.)Maybe I'll see you there?

No comments: